The NJ Credit Union PLAN is responsible for providing valuable guidance to and support of the NJCUL's public policy agenda.
NJ Credit Union PLAN membership is open to interested credit union professionals, volunteers, and members willing to commit to actively support the public policy agenda in one or more of the following grassroots and legislative advocacy activities by:
- Participating in periodic Calls-to-Action and recruiting additional participants
- Serving as a Contact Officer to build relations with a targeted state or federal lawmaker
- Helping represent NJ credit unions at CULAC-supported campaign fundraising events
- Attending the annual CUNA Government Affairs Conference (GAC)
- Participating in NJCUL’s Washington Hike-the-Hills
- Participating in district and Trenton visits with NJ state lawmakers
- Ensuring their credit union participates in Project Zip Code
- Encouraging Project Zip Code participation by other credit unions
Interested members may also help review potential public policy initiatives and assist with establishing the League's legislative agenda and priorities.