WASHINGTON – The Senate and House are both in session this week, and while most of their schedules will consist of non-financial services legislation in the House and nominations in the Senate, CUNA will be closely monitoring several hearings.
Those hearings include:
- Tuesday, 10 a.m., Senate Banking Committee hearing, “Reauthorization of the National Flood Insurance Program, Part I;”
- Wednesday, 10 a.m., House Financial Services subcommittee on capital markets, securities and investment hearing, “The JOBS Act at Five: Examining Its Impact and Ensuring the Competitiveness of the U.S. Capital Markets;”
- Wednesday, 2 p.m., House Financial Services subcommittee on financial institutions and consumer credit hearing, “Ending the De Novo Drought: Examining the Application Process for De Novo Financial Institutions;”
- Thursday, 10 a.m., House Financial Services subcommittee on monetary policy and trade hearing, “Sound Monetary Policy;” and
- Thursday 2 p.m., House Financial Services subcommittee on housing and insurance hearing, “Flood Insurance Reform: A Community Perspective.”
More information can be found on CUNA’s Removing Barriers Blog.
in Legislative & Political News