PISCATAWAY, N.J. – Rutgers FCU hosted its first-ever Reality Fair for Rutgers University on the college’s Busch Campus on Thursday.
The Reality Fair was held in conjunction with a career event for graduating seniors, named “Life After Rutgers” and hosted by the Student Support Services Team, which included a presentation on student loans, assistance with resume writing and interview skills, the opportunity to get professional headshots taken, and more.
|Rutgers University students make financial choices at the Reality Fair booths.|
Students were encouraged to fill out an online survey prior to Fair to provide personal finance information, including credit score and anticipated student loan balances, which the New Jersey Credit Union Foundation used to create personalized budget worksheets for each participating student.
After receiving a brief orientation, students then navigated their way through the Fair’s life style booths, which were manned by Rutgers FCU volunteers as well as volunteers from Credit Union of New Jersey, Novartis FCU, United Teletech Financial FCU, West Orange Municipal FCU, and the New Jersey Credit Union League and Foundation. They then sat down with a financial counselor to learn from the experience and get advice on how to manage their finances after college.
Additional photos are available on the NJ Credit Unions Reality Fairs Facebook page.
This is the ninth Reality Fair held this school year; the program has already reached close to 900 students across the state. The program has nine more Fairs scheduled for the remainder of the school year.
We are in need of volunteers! Please review the list of upcoming Fairs below. If you are available to volunteer, please contact Marissa Anema at email@example.com.
- Thursday, April 13: Ocean County College (Toms River)
- Tuesday, May 2: Willingboro High School (Willingboro)
- Thursday, May 4: Millville Memorial High School (Millville)
- Wednesday, May 17: The Wallace Middle School (Vineland)
- Friday, May 19: Pitman Middle School (Pitman)
- Wednesday, May 31: Randolph High School (Randolph)
- Friday, June 2: Fernwood Avenue Middle School (Egg Harbor)
- Tuesday, June 6: Ewing High School (Ewing)
- Friday, June 9: Alder Avenue Middle School (Egg Harbor)
in Credit Union News